Tuesday 11 December 2012

My December Adventure

Holiday Greetings Everyone!

I have officially finished my first semester, just in time to head off on more adventures.  This Christmas I will not be returning home to Canada. Instead, my cousin Garnet and I will be traveling during December.  I head to Dublin this evening in order to catch an early morning flight tomorrow.

Our travel plans include touring Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic before heading to the United Kingdom to spend Christmas and New Years visiting family and friends.  Garnet and I will both fly into Frankfurt, where we will meet up with my friend Everett.  He will take us into the city and show us some sights.  I've heard amazing things about the German Christmas markets and cannot wait to see them in person.

After Frankfurt we will head south to Munich for a few days, then into Austria to see Salzburg and Vienna. By December 20th we will arrive in Prague, and on the 23rd we will fly to London. Next it is down to Plymouth to see our cousin Tom and his family for Christmas. While in the UK we will also visit relatives outside of Cambridge and acquaintances in Exeter who own The Big Sheep tourist farm.

Our big splurge is to spend New Years in central London. Very Excited! Our travels in the UK will wrap up on January 5th when Garnet and I fly to our respective countries from Heathrow airport.  While Garnet heads home, I will stop briefly in Belfast to visit even more relatives before returning to Limerick.

It will be a whirlwind trip with many sights to see. I will do my best to blog throughout, but may not get pictures up until January. School does not start for me until the end of January so I will have lots of time to blog, fiddle, read and relax then.

I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Christmas, and all the best in the New Year.

Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon, just want you to know how much we are enjoying your extended adventure. It's fun for us to lurk from the frozen north and enjoy your blog. We had a lovely supper with Uncle Kim and Aunt Pat the other night and we talked about your Christmas travels with Garnet. Keep the posts coming and enjoy the music of Ireland (Perhaps a Guiness or two as well) ... Jim and Andrea Avis

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts about my blog. If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them! Please try to leave your name.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.